• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raymarine C80 & DSM300

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
RustyTank
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Norfolk, East Beach Marina, VA

Raymarine C80 & DSM300

Post by RustyTank »

2004 28TE... Raymarine C80 & DSM300 with B744VL transducer... Factory mounted to port of centerline...

System generally works great... but have LOTS of trouble maintaining bottom lock while at cruising speed... (18-19kts)...

Any ideas?... I've messed with every gain, TVG, Frequency etc... I cruise in relatively shallow water 90% of the time (less than 40ft in Southern Chesapeake - Home Port Norfolk/Little Creek)...

At slow speed tracks fish and bottom great... just at a loss to keep an idea of water depth at cruise...

HELP!

// RustyTank :(
2004 28TE "CORSAIR"
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Re: Raymarine C80 & DSM300

Post by Serenity »

"less than 40 ft." Several of us AOG guys boat on Great South Bay, Long Island, where the average depth is 6-8 feet. The shallow depth creates a problem with readings with the bottom all kicked up because of the ferries. We do see 40 plus feet at the inlet, then it goes right back up to 10 feet./ I have a C-70 which works better when the depth is over 15 feet and cruising at 18 knots. Have you tried making sure the fittings are all secure and made tight on the DSM 300 and the back of the C-80. Mind have at times back off a bit and the readings were a little off. Ray Marine has a great service department. If you can not figure it out, send it back to them, and perhaps they can do a little tweaking.
Little Creek, spent 3 1/2 years there. Great place.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York

Return to “Electronics”