• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Battery care and feeding

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Battery care and feeding

Post by DougSea »

Hey guys,

Thank you all for the comments and well-wishes, I do appreciate it!

As much as I'd like to open up the can of whoop-ass it's just not practical. There are a limited number of good Volvo mechanics around and I just have to deal with it. That said I just want to know WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG with Stella (Starboard Swedish engine) :)

In the meantime, and in keeping with the battery theme, I give you another post from Mr. Bill Bishop, the Marine Installer who rants...

http://themarineinstallersrant.blogspot ... .html#more
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Battery care and feeding

Post by DougSea »

I found the article I was referencing earlier about the proper wiring of multiple-battery banks. Guess where it was? That's right, it was in the AOG library!

So, for you supporting members, here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4308

It's a very good write up.

If you're not a supporting member you won't be able to access the link. The library is the one "extra" privilege that those who support the site have access to. But all you need to do is make a modest one-time contribution to the site, and you're in! And by modest I mean like $20. Once. Or you can buy a burgee, get access AND a cool flag for your boat or wall (I have one for both!)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Electronics”