• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Honda EU2000i Won't Start AC

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
elad

Honda EU2000i Won't Start AC

Post by elad »

I have a 2000 Albin 28 TE with a 10,000 BTU CruiseAir air conditioner. I purchased a Honda EU2000i generator that supposedly would run the A/C. Unfortunately it does not start the A/C. Purchased a Supco SPP6E hard start capacitor. Still will not start the A/C.

Has anyone had success running their A/C with the Honda EU2000i? How did you make it work?

Now looking at the Dometic SmartStart device but need some assurance that it will work before shelling out $380. Anyone have experience with the SmartStart?
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Honda EU2000i Won't Start AC

Post by N4QC »

Check out the following for possible ideas...

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f14 ... 82875.html

Happy researching,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Good stuff Joe. They have some great write-ups over there on the Cruisersforum.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
elad

Post by elad »

SOLVED!

The problem was with the propane conversion. It just does not allow the Honda EU2000i to rev up as much as needed to start the A/C. It is a great concept but it has some glitches.

I had to bite down hard on a stick to put gas in the Honda but before shelling out $$$$ for a Dometic SmartStart I gave it a try. Smoother running gen and starts the A/C even on Eco mode, though only on a short power cord.

Oh well. Put in a profuse amount of Stabil and am crossing my fingers that the carb does not foul.

I'm going to need gas for the tender anyway so carrying gas on the boat (in the tender? on the swim platform?) really is not that much of an issue.

I only wish things were a little easier.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Glad you solved the A/C start problem!
elad wrote:I'm going to need gas for the tender anyway so carrying gas on the boat (in the tender? on the swim platform?) really is not that much of an issue.
When I had gas on board I would store it in the transom fishbox that drains, from the bottom, out the back. The thinking being that if any gas were to leak, it and the fumes would exit the boat via the drain. Do check that the drain is well sealed and use a good, fully closed, gas can.

Obviously storing it in the tender or on the platform is even safer, if less practical.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jimlewis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Little River, SC

Post by jimlewis »

I have a Honda EU2000i and it starts my 7,000BTU CruiseAir unit and operates it fine.

Jim Lewis
1986 Sport Express 27
"Six Grand"
Calabash, NC

Return to “Electronics”