• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

27FC Transducer Mount

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
don123
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Biloxi MS

27FC Transducer Mount

Post by don123 »

Moved to Electronics for better response chances. ADMIN

Thinking about a transducer for my GPSMAP 545S

I have a compatible transducer from an old B&W Furuno LS-6000 which I can rewire and use. It is both 50Khz and 200Khz and even the temp and speed sensors will work if I cut off the Furuno 10 pin connector and replace it with a Garmin 6 pin connector. It's a bronze, removable $300 unit, so it's going to get used for something

But, the Furuno is still perfectly usable, if a little old, so I was thinking about keeping it and mounting a second, in-hull transducer. I might rewire the existing transducer for use with the Garmin and use a new in-hull transducer with the Furuno. I was thinking about expoxying a transducer down in the bottom of the bilge on the flat floor, as far forward as possible. Has anyone tried this before? I *think* the hull there is no more than half an inch thick, so it *should* work. My thoughts are based on my drilling the hull for a rudder brace I installed some years back - I drilled three 3/8ths holes in the aft end of the keel for a stainless brace which connects to the bottom of the rudder

But - Since the Garmin and the Furuno both use 50/200Khz transducers I fear I may get some cross-talk between the two and might not be able to run both of them at the same time. If that's the case, I might as well retire the Furnuno and just use it's transducer on the Garmin

Thoughts?

Don

Return to “Electronics”