• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fuel gauge

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
pallares
Mate
Mate
Home Port: puerto escondido

fuel gauge

Post by pallares »

hi...i have a 6 pole switch (DP/DT) ON-OFF-ON on my 26 CC albin
recently and at the same time BOTH TANKS READ past the full mark...right to the end of the gauge
since it happened to both tanks at the same time and both my sending units/wires look very clean i thought it would have to be something that would be common to both tanks
the switch tested normal.but i replaced it with a new one..nothing changed
i presume it must be a ground wire problem or a short....all my wires looks pristine
could this be due to a faulty gauge??

many thanx
frank pallares
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: fuel gauge

Post by Russell »

This is just what my fuel gauge was doing and replacing the gauge corrected the problem. I assume if you changed the switch that all the connections are clean and tight on the back of the gauge. A search on fuel gauge should turn up my recent thread on this with more information.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Electronics”