• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ray 215 microphone cord

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Ray 215 microphone cord

Post by kowal_53 »

Does anyone have a any idea where a new cord can be found? I have found some reference to a part R49015, which seem like it is discontinued. Mine is self is been UV'd to death and is coming apart. Is there a boat electronic second hand store out there?
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Ray 215 microphone cord

Post by jcollins »

kowal_53 wrote:Does anyone have a any idea where a new cord can be found? I have found some reference to a part R49015, which seem like it is discontinued. Mine is self is been UV'd to death and is coming apart. Is there a boat electronic second hand store out there?
Found this on the Raymarine website. There is not replacement but...
Should you have a failed Ray215 microphone and/or the microphone's cord is in need of replacement, then it is recommended that it be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

That's kinda funny...I was just looking at mine over the weekend, it's frayed right where it meets the mic.

I tried looking at e-bay and others with no luck. Not a lot of options out there. Since mine is coming apart right at the microphone I'm going to see if I can cut it off and feed the now slightly shorter cable through the mic strain relief. Soldering is almost certainly involved. :) The rest of my cord seems ok.

I was able to get the mic cord part number from a trawler forum. It's Raymarine part: R49060, but I've had no luck finding one.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kowal_53 »

I ran across some chatter on the internet about West Marine. I called them, and have the exact part number on oder for $47.00. It should be in shortly. I could have paid extra to have it shipped to the house, but it cost unless I bought over $50,00 dollars worth, I guess I was shy of that.

The man on the phone said if you come in he would give me some advice on how too do it. So that is my plan, to go in and do it at West Marine if I can swing it, and save the shipping cost.

Once this is successful, I post a reply. Ray Marine might fix yours for $75.00 if you call them, but expect shipping to and from.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Excellent! Please do post a reply either way about the part from West Marine. I'd like to be able to fix mine properly.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kowal_53 »

Microphone cord did come in to my West Marine, it works fine. A little hard getting the microphone apart, (Just the four screws you see) but eventually, it came apart, and replacement was straight forward after that.

Return to “Electronics”