• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

depth finder

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

depth finder

Post by jprohan »

My old Interphase unit is about done. I am looking at at different ones from Garmin and Raymarine; but when I read reviews from current owners I don't like what I see, esp. with the Garmin's. I want a basic unit, with LARGE numbers I can see while underway; and the ability to see the bottom when fishing (rarely done). Color would be nice; but I am trying to keep it under $300 so my wife will let me buy it. Otherwise I'll have to resort to devious measures.
Any advice appreciated.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: depth finder

Post by Tree »

I've mentioned the unit I bought as my second system and really due to the image quality is say it was my main unit now.

Raymarine dragonfly. The 4" screen is plenty big enough and I suspect quite a bit cheaper in the States. They retail for around £325 here with the transom mounted transducer.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Electronics”