• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Garmin GPSMap 3006c Troubles

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Garmin GPSMap 3006c Troubles

Post by Pasteur »

Some words of caution...

Zero PSI is equipped with a Garmin GPSmap 4010 and an older GPSMap 3006C.

I attempted to upgrade the firmware on the 4010. Step one was to ensure that all of the devices on the network were turned on. So i turned on the 3006C. The installation continued and everything was going along well until the 3006 screen started to flash. Then it turned off and would not turn back on. The rest of the upgrade of the 4010 continued normally..

When I unplugged the network cable on the 3006c it began to respond. It actually boots to a screen that says, "Software Missing."

I've ordered a Magellan programming cable which I am hoping will allow me to repair the 3006. The most recent software for the unit remains available on Garmin's website and I am hoping to download it to the bluechart chip. Wish me luck. In the worst case I end up with a new 7608, which will tempt me to buy the Chirp sounding technology...

For anybody with similar components be careful when you try to upgrade.
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI

Return to “Electronics”