• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raymarine Chartplotter/depth/radar screen

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
bigbackhoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDGEWATER, MD

Re: Raymarine Chartplotter/depth/radar screen

Post by bigbackhoe »

Simrad problem: I have similar problem with NSS12. Unit shuts down after 30 +- 10 min. Runs fine on shore power and DC power. Only when engine is running does unit shut down. It s the time delay that doesn't make since.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Re: Raymarine Chartplotter/depth/radar screen

Post by mjohnh »

THE DISPLAY PROBLEM HAS REPEATED ON THE C80 UNIT. I have talked to RayMarine service 5 times in the last week. It is not a voltage issue. It may be a "loose jockey board", a small 1" by 1 1/2" circuit board that one end of a ribbon cable connects to. (to my touch it does not seem loose). The last service tech I spoke to...15 min ago....said what they used to do was "cut a small hole in the jockey board" and use a silicone glue to glue it tight.....well, I don't want to cut a hole in anything.....RAyMarine no longer services these units. Does anyone know of a service tech that can do this "fix the jockey board" type work? Thank you in advance.

Return to “Electronics”