• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Garmin Echomap 74sv with single tranducer

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
tadel001
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stevensville, MD

Garmin Echomap 74sv with single tranducer

Post by tadel001 »

I am going to replace my Furuno (96') sonar with a Garmin Echomap 74SV with a single thru hull transducer. I know the recommendation, based on the deadrise angle of 14 degrees, is to do the pair. However, to help manage the budget, I am going with a single. I saw another thread with some good pictures of a single transducer for a sideview sonar. Anyone else do this set up?
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Re: Garmin Echomap 74sv with single tranducer

Post by Pedro »

Last year I had the Garmin 94sv echo map installed with e single side scan transducer on the port side, pretty close to to the centerline, sidescan picture is blocked by the hull partially on the the starboard side, not really a big deal for me,
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

I do not have a Garmin but I did do a single sidescan transducer with Simrad (an earlier generation) but it worked just fine for me.
I did some measuring of angles prior to doing this and it worked out.

You can see some of my pictures here... Click on them to see bigger

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4601

I have been using it this way for years and am very happy with the results.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
moses2015
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Deka Lake

Post by moses2015 »

I have the 76o7xsv with transom mount! side wiew and down view ! really works GREAT!!!

Return to “Electronics”