• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Handheld vhf

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Re: Handheld vhf

Post by Pedro »

I tried to reach seatow radio check, I guess it was a dud,the vendor was not very cool at first and I just decided to get a refund, I'll try something else,
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

The reason I asked is that my handhelds won't always reach the Seatow site, while my more powerful mounted unit will. So I was wondering if you just tried talking from the handheld to your mounted radio.

Really sorry the radio didn't work out! :(
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

I haven't got mine yet but I understand the transmit power is selectable as well. Something else to check.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

catalina_mike wrote:I haven't got mine yet but I understand the transmit power is selectable as well. Something else to check.
Yes, 1w, 2.5w and 5 watts. I was looking though the manual to see if there was a "Factory Reset" but I suspect he's already sent it back.

Hope you have better luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Either I spaced out if it was a dud, I tried every setting and called on every working channel, even the launch at the club, its like it had no antenna, I suspect these units are either factory "reconditioned" or factory rejects, some are probably great, while others have issues not resolved by a simple once over,,the search continues....

Return to “Electronics”