• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

PA System

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

PA System

Post by tdsull »

There is an older PA speaker on my boat. I am pretty it doesn't work but I don't know how to even test it.
Are these things connected to the vhf?
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: PA System

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Many are, but there are stand alone hailers as well. I would trace the wires to start. Or you can check your vhf to see if it has a hailer function
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Post by tdsull »

I didn't see any hailer functions yesterday and my partener got distracted so the work day plans shifted pretty quickly :)
test.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Post by rebuckley »

Is it a hailer (bull horn shape) or an external speaker (like a stereo speaker box)? If you google your VHF user manual, you should be able to see how these attach to your radio.
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)

Return to “Electronics”