• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Autopilot

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Autopilot

Post by Russell »

Richard, did you get the Raytheon autopilot installed in Wye Dream yet? I am interested in your results because I just ordered one from a local Marine Electronics store at our marina. I decided to skip the control head and get the remote SmartController. As I understand it, all the electronics are in the corepack and the new control heads as well as the remotes are wireless. I do not have a place on my instrument panel for a control head anyway. You probably already know they have a $100 rebate for the month of July.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Russ:

Just got it installed yesterday and we did a sea trial and calibration today. I am anxious to try it out on a trip this weekend. I can now use the basic functions (very easy) but need to read the manual to learn how to use all of its capabilities. Since the GPS interfaces with it I also need to review the GPS manual section on tracks and waypoints

I purchased it in June (from AnchorMarine.com) so I am not sure if I can get that rebate but will look into it. Thanks for letting me know about it.

To John Collins: My total cost ended up at $3030. ($1810 Raymarine kit+ $1220 installation labor, including the hydraulic lines). I had one quote from a local local electronics firm (Martek) for $5000 for the same unit.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus

Return to “Electronics”