• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Autohelm 5000 replacement

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Mikecambrai
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Ramsgate, uk

Autohelm 5000 replacement

Post by Mikecambrai »

I have an Albin 43 fitted with an Autohelm 5000. This unit is quite old now and is not supported with either servicing or spares. It has decided to alter course to port on its own bat which is quite alarming. I will be trying to find the fault in so far as I can look for loose plug connections etc. but fearing the worst I need to look for a new autopilot. I have hydraulic steering, and the Autohelm started the pump through relays I assume. I don’t know where the feedback unit is, but it is not on the rudders. It might be part of the autohelm control unit.
I don’t need an all singing and dancing autopilot, just one that when I am on the course that I need, I just push a button and the pilot takes over.
Does anyone have experience of acquiring a reasonably priced control unit plus compass sensor, so that I can use most of what is already fitted to the Albin?
Many thanks in anticipation,
Mike
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Autohelm 5000 replacement

Post by DougSea »

I just saw a Raymarine autopilot on the Panbo classified. (No connection to the seller. Just saw the listing after reading your post)

http://www.panbo.com/classifieds/viewli ... p?view=339
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Electronics”