• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

27FC body work question

Albin's "power cruisers"
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

27FC body work question

Post by coolchange »

my boat had a weird plastic bumper/extrusion/whatisthis wrapped around the boat making the seam between the cabin and the forward upper deck ....I have removed this and found that there is a 1/2 inch gap between the cabin (below the front windows) and the proximate deck.

The question: what has been done to your 27 to make this joint beautiful and waterproof?

I will get some pictures tomorrow ...it's going to be 109 here so Iwill for sure be on the water!
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
dreisen
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Savannah

Re: 27FC body work question

Post by dreisen »

I have an 88 FC with the sane engine. Where do you get parts? looking to see your photos
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

I don't know if you ever got an answer. Most people have caulked it with 5200. I was lucky on my boat they fiberglassed the joint.
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Sprig1 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:02 pm I don't know if you ever got an answer. Most people have caulked it with 5200. I was lucky on my boat they fiberglassed the joint.
Thanks...I have considered both, glass being the optimal and my skills at that pretty basic I am shying away ....and as to just caulk..gets the job done and may be an interim solution ( unless it actually looks good ) but that large a "goop" spread over 9' might be less than beautiful. However, even with nothing it looks better than the previous solution
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

Sorry I misunderstood I was thinking hull deck joint. I epoxied mine all the way around front and sides and then had to paint it. Go read rmunis post about what he did. He dug it all out and filled it with epoxy. A lot easier then what I did. Or just use 5200 and stop the leaks use your boat.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”