• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Trim tabs

Albin's "power cruisers"
bennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dallas Texas

Trim tabs

Post by bennett »

I would like to know if my Albin 27 Express would benefit from adding trim tabs.It is currently at my shop ,on stands ,for restoration.As a displacement hull I don't if they would have much effect.I would appreciate input from anyone who has had experience with them.Trim tabs have been very effective on my 21' Mako but it is a planning hull.Thanks for your input,BMS*
Shogun
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Stratford, Ct

Re: Trim tabs

Post by Shogun »

BMS - I have them on my 27 Sport (Express = is that the same model?) They came with the boat when I purchased her 18 months ago. I like them - "Moody Blue" has the 157 Isuzu and they help with bow up and down and also trimming the boat out side to side when under way. Its a nice way to offset crew weight or other equipment that may be heeling the boat over to one side or the other. I would add them. Britt
Britt Hughes -
Albin27 Sport
bennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dallas Texas

Re: Trim tabs

Post by bennett »

Thanks for the feed back.I have a set of new / old stock Bennett 30"wide trim tabs so I might as well install them .

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”