• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Some smaller wood projects on Mazboot

Albin's "power cruisers"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Some smaller wood projects on Mazboot

Post by DCatSea »

I thought I would post pix of Mazboot's new wood:

1) I wanted handrails in the hatchways, so used closet rails (oak) and supports. These make super strong swingers, and also provide hanging space for tuxes and lifejackets etc.
2) The helm is pretty much together now. VHF. GPS and Sonar are enclosed. Dome light conduit carries 12v to the new mast.
3) The wheelhouse now has an oaken support on the eave, with 2 new handrails - soon to have rod stowage points.
4) I always wanted a mast to carry the ARW and anchor light, fly burgees, and to "dress ship" for holidays and national days. This has a dowel breakaway holding it in the up position, in case of bridges that are lower than I thought.
Aft cabin hand rail.JPG
For'd cabin hand rail.JPG
Helm wood.JPG
New wood 2.JPG
New wood.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Some smaller wood projects on Mazboot

Post by WillieC »

hmm.. dowel break away for the mast in case one misjudges railroad bridges that are normally open. I'll have to consider that given our recent near hit on the Swinomish Channel on Puget Sound.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Willie - Here's a pic of the breakaway pin. It's a bit "arts and crafts" but it should work.
I did a similar "misjudgment" with a lock gate on a river in France - very red-faced.

Doug
IMG_3597.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

Doug,
Howdy to you & Georgia, hope all is well with you both.
Work on your boat looks great, we need to personalize our boats, so keep up the good work.
We won't be at the Rendezvous this year as we are on Leg 2 of our Loop trip, currently in Lake Champlain on a ball next to Burlington, VT. Jane has 2 sisters still living up here so we were coming to visit them and also got to spend a week at Shelburne Shipyard with an electrical problem. The tech only worked on the boat for 12hrs but it took the week, Fortunately we didn't have to pay dockage for most of the time and got to see family every night after their work schedule.
We'll be dropping back down to Waterford, starting next Monday, and heading out the Erie Canal to Cayuga Lake to visit a friend and then looking for a winter spot for Nepidae where she'll be hauled and winterized.
This so far has been quite a trip and we are both glad we are taking it.
BTW, here's a map (https://share.garmin.com/NepidaeTrawler) which will so our trip so far and if you save it to favorites you can come back to it you'll see where we are and where we've been.
Take care and say Hi to everyone for us at the Rendezvous.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

I love the burgees on the mast! What are you using to hold the burgers?
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

There's a marina on the Cayuga Seneca canal just west of Waterloo which might be a good place to winter over
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

The burgees are supported by (currently 2) SS eyes and hooked on with SS carabiners. They are tied off to SS leats at the base. I'll post a close-up tomorrow.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”