• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sprig finally in the water

Albin's "power cruisers"
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Sprig finally in the water

Post by Sprig1 »

Well I finally splashed. The boat isn't done but it is usable the rest can be completed as I go along. Nothing like waiting till the season is over hopefully we will have a late winter. Here are some pictures I wlll add more later. I added a picture of my trailer. I had the trailer and just modified it. I'm only a few miles from the marina. I haven't even had it out of the slip hopefully Monday. I have a lot of cleaning to do. It's amazing the mess you can make and I tried to be careful. I have to change the impeller still. Thanks to everyone on the Albin site for all the help I couldn't of done it without you. Thank you Chris
IMG_0828.JPG
IMG_0829.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG
IMG_0833.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: Sprig finally in the water

Post by kerrye »

Looking good.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I like your creativity with the trailer, especially for a short run to the lift. (I couldn't figure out how you would slide that off, ah, a lift. Nice.)

So you don't need to leave it in the water year round and can work on it at home. That is huge and what we love about the A25.

As to your engine compartment. You need a bigger engine or about five more batteries and two or three more filters, maybe even a full blown fuel polishing system to fill that sucker up!

Enjoy what's left of the season and back to work this winter. There's always more to do.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Chris - She's looking really good (Is that a clean engine room I see?). Congratulations on getting her in the water; looking forward to seeing any other pix as work progresses.

Should we be thinking about having all the Bay 27s en masse on the Chester; it would be a sight worthy of AOG home page.

Had intended sea trialing this this weekend after the Big Diesel Service, but spent Sunday evening in ER, with what turned out to be a not-quite-broken foot. Have to keep it strapped up and elevated for a few days; I'm not usually a wimp, but this was very annoying.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sprig1 »

Thanks guys for the kind words. It's a work in progress. Still haven't had it out of the slip hopefully today. The marina was jammed yesterday.
Doug sorry to hear about the foot. Get well soon. A get together would be great. I have to get some hours on the boat to get some confidence in it and me. Before a long trip. I'll hopefully get some more pictures today. Thanks again
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Nice!

I agree... That is one clean engine compartment! Don't worry, the Lehman will never fill up a 27's engine compartment. I like it just the way it is. Matter of fact, I'm trying to see what I can do without rather than how much I can fit.

Side note: My former 27FC "Bunkie" was a Chesapeake Bay boat. I bought her on the Eastern Shore before shipping her north to NY. Wish I could join the party!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sprig1 »

I don't think the engine compartment will stay that way for long but I will try. Her is one in her slip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”