• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Measurement favor?

Albin's "power cruisers"
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Measurement favor?

Post by kerrye »

I'm in Denver and my boat is in NY. I"d like to make some hanging storage pouches for the 'walls' on either side of the aft cabin door on the inside. I took measurements when as I was last at the boat but I've misplaced them Is anybody on their boat who could measure the height and width of those walls so I can make some pouches and take them back to NY with me.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Measurement favor?

Post by hetek »

Gee Kerrye, You just made me walk out my garage door and measure the aft cabin in the boat next to my garage. How inconvenient!

21-1/2" outboard height
23-1/2" inboard height
20" width

Outboard height is less than inboard height (next to the door) due to the crown in the aft cabin's roof.

These are the basic measurements. If you make your pouches a tad smaller or square it off to the outboard height measurement then you should be good to go. I'd knock off an inch all around just to give some finger room for the snaps if you go that route.

You do have an A25, right?

And... MY boat is in NY too!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Thank you very much. Perfect. Yes, it's an A25 currently stored at my sister's house in Warsaw, NY.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ha, glad that hetek could help. At the moment my boat is home in AZ & I'm in Rhode Island.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

I was going to sew the pouches from scratch but when I discovered my local fabric store had closed I looked online and found this. I can cut off two rows for each side, add some reinforcing, and snaps and install it on those bulkheads.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AN ... UTF8&psc=1
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

It arrived. Perfect size for the aft bulkheads. Two rows of pouches will fit just right.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”