• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to me 1971 Albin25

Albin's "power cruisers"
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Re: New to me 1971 Albin25

Post by dkirsop »

Hull No. 1013, 1971
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

If you opt to replace your plungers you will need to order this part

http://mmd.nu/shop233/catalog/product_i ... 1oj84rb2e2

It is a critical component for one of the two plungers, can't remember which one.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
doncart_2000
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Macedon, NY

Post by doncart_2000 »

Wow this is the best advice that I have received so far. I had considered peening the pin on the reverse plunger holder but optied for wiring keeper to plunger. Yes I have been on the Albin Motor site and I am trying to get them to build a complete selector from their parts so if there are issues with fit they have other parts to remedy right in front of them. If they will not build me one I will rebuild from parts on my own.

Thank you for the gasket advice also. I have a lot on the list right now so this may have to wait for another winter. I will invest in some oil pads for next season.

As far as my obsession you know me very well! These boats and The Erie Canal really become part of your life.

Thank You,

Don Cartwright
Hull No 1025
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Did I mention dkirsop is your guy? You two sound like peas in a pod. I'm just a hack!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”