• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Additional countertop/table in A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Additional countertop/table in A25

Post by kerrye »

Got frustrated with lack of prep space while cooking on our North Channel cruise this year so I added some more countertop/table using a Lagun table mount. It swings around, adjusts up and down and locks in any position. Used 1/2" plywood for the tabletop and covered it with teak Formica. Fiddles are oak door stop. Bracket to hold it is oak. You can buy additional mounting brackets so it could also be easily removed and used in the cockpit if you installed the bracket on the cockpit seat bulkhead.
table1.jpg
table2.jpg
table3.jpg
table4.jpg
table5.jpg
table6.jpg
table7.jpg
table9.jpg
table10.jpg
table11.jpg
table12.jpg
table13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Additional countertop/table in A25

Post by DCatSea »

Fabulous idea, and it looks very professional - great job. Giving me thought for what to do with the existing table in my 27FC. Awesome winter project, me thinks.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Got the teak formica at Cabinetmaker Warehouse. Tons of Formica choices. The Teak seems almost identical to the original formica in the A25. Oak door stop and plywood came from Home Depot. I stained any poly'd the underside of the tabletop with the same stain and poly I used on the bow cabin wood.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Those Lagun brackets are like the Swiss Army knife of table parts. I've seen people use them for everything from an additional galley work space like you, to a chart table in the cockpit and even as a cocktail table in the salon.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”