• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for A25 rub rail source.

Albin's "power cruisers"
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vashon Island, WA

Looking for A25 rub rail source.

Post by 11kolive »

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has replaced sections of damaged rub rail on an A25 or located a source for this blue rub rail material.

Keith Olive
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Looking for A25 rub rail source.

Post by WillieC »

Looks like you picked up a 25! We've been away a bit and may have missed that.
I do not know where you can get this rubrail, but the way I have been mistreating the WiilieC. this summer, my turn is coming. Keep us posted if you find it.
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vashon Island, WA

Post by 11kolive »

WillieC, not yet.....maybe getting an offer on our GB soon though. Looking at several and weighing options till I can buy one. 😄
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

I visited with John and Anne von Bens hoten last week. They put new black rubrail on their boat. John thought they could not find the blue. Anne thought they could get the blue but it didn't match their colors. They have a Facebook page with their renovations. Albin 25 tiny boat or something like that
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Just looked at their page. They couldn't find replacement rubrail with the same profile. I wonder if anyone has checked with albin motors in Sweden. I don't see any rubrail in their catalog
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I like the George Buehler approach. 3" split iron pipe. (See Troller Yacht and Buehler's Backyard Boatbuilding.) Now adapting this method to the actual deck/hull seam and keeping water out appears challenging, I would love to do it for the sheer pleasure of seeing the looks on the faces of The Millionaire (and His Wife) as I sidle up to his yacht in the adjacent slip in the marina. Especially with me driving.
Chris G
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Aalborg, Denmark

Post by Chris G »

The Swedish Albin 25 club (Albin 25 klubben) sells them in their webshop for 2.800 swedish kroner. I don't know where they get them, but their homepage would be a good place to start. Here's a link to their webshop:

http://www.albin25.se/butik/

Rubrail in Swedish is 'relingslist'.

I have read, that they are a bit of a challenge to fit but the end result is good. You have to soak them in warm water first to make them a bit more pliable.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Thanks. That's about $440.
Chris G
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Aalborg, Denmark

Post by Chris G »

Hi Kerrye,
It's less. About 345 dollars. I think you've converted Danish Kroner. Swedish are worth a bit less.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Oopsie.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”