• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wonderful site!!

Albin's "power cruisers"
FrankD
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Pembroke Ontario

Wonderful site!!

Post by FrankD »

About 14yrs ago I bought an old, 1960, Alberg designed sailboat built in FRP to restore and luckily found an owners site. That site proved invaluable.
I’m blessed to find this one as I consider a “new to me A25” as I’m well aware how helpful you all can be.
I’ve been boating since a kid, sailing since 1977, bought my first lil cruiser in 81 and have a ton of miles under various keels since.
In the end, I’m always drawn back to simple boats without complex systems.
To me...the A25 has to be the best uses of space in a boat this size I’ve ever seen, having been on one for the first time about a month ago.
Simple systems most of us can figure out, awesome layout. Great if you have kids or like me...grand kids. All that and probably one of the most fuel efficient hulls to boot!
It is sites like this with owners like you that make keeping these great designs alive and functioning well.
The sharing of modifications, repair tips, as well as cruising stories is wonderful.
Great lil boats and a great crew on here!
Keep it up
Thanks
Frank
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Wonderful site!!

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, FrankD. There is a wealth of info and experience here. Make sure to mosey over to the Welcome Page and introduce yourself to the gang.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: Wonderful site!!

Post by kerrye »

I know you're looking for an A25. Have you checked out the one available in either TN or KT? Not sure where I saw it recently, probably either here, the Albin 25/27 Facebook page or on Craigslist. Came with a trailer. Looked pretty decent as I recall.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”