• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Can an A25 fit on a dry stack slip?

Albin's "power cruisers"
nichampagne
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Raleigh, NC

Re: Can an A25 fit on a dry stack slip?

Post by nichampagne »

The Grand Marina at New Bern is the current target marina for a wet slip. And there is a boat yard across the Neuse (Bridgeton Boatworks, http://www.bridgetonboatworks.com/) that is very active and an A25 would be the baby in their yard. Now I just need to determine if I'm really ready to bite the bullet and buy a boat.

And of course, everyone would buy a bigger boat if they could afford it. Some buy them even when they can't! ;o)
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

And of course, everyone would buy a bigger boat if they could afford it. Some buy them even when they can't! ;o)
Amen to that. As they say, if wishes were horses beggars would ride. One possible advantage of having a trailer and truck to pull the prospective A25 would be if you had the time you could take it down to Florida in winter, or even do the Great Loop in stages. The key as always is having enough free time and/or being retired to go cruising for 4, 5, 6 weeks or more at a time.

Speaking of which, we're off this morning to spend the weekend on the boat at the lake, our first time out with it since July. Finally starting to cool off some, in relative Arizona terms, high around upper 80s to 90, overnight lows upper 50s to low 60s. And of course dry air & sunshine.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

If I wasn’t committed to trailering I think I’d look at a 27 instead of a 25. But I think the advantages of easy trailering far exceed the benefits of size
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

If I wasn’t committed to trailering I think I’d look at a 27 instead of a 25. But I think the advantages of easy trailering far exceed the benefits of size
I agree. Except I'd be looking at a A36 trawler or equivalent CHB Marine Trader to keep up in Washington as a semi-live aboard summer home, rather than A27, or as some sailing friends are doing, keep it in a marina in Sidney, BC on Vancouver Island to avoid Washington State's use taxes. But that would be a big hit on our budget, so we'll stick with our A25 for the foreseeable future. After all, we are pensioners on a fixed income.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”