• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for an A25 - was new to the group

Albin's "power cruisers"
Yodaboat
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Denver

Looking for an A25 - was new to the group

Post by Yodaboat »

Hello,

I've been looking for a trailerable trawler and the Albin 25 has caught my interest. Ultimately I would like to travel around the Great Loop on it. I've yet to actually see one in person so if anyone in my area(Colorado) has one to show off that would be great. I noticed one just sold on Ebay for 2k.... gheeze did I miss a great deal?

Pierre

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'WOW WHAT A RIDE!' - Hunter S Thompson
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New to the group

Post by WillieC »

Welcome Yodaboat. 2K?!? Add 15 large for a new engine and most of the running gear and another 15 for everything else and you're set! Keep looking for one that somebody has already spent the dough on. We all spent too much. They are great boats.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Welcome aboard!
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome aboard, WillieC nailed it, he just forgot to factor in beer and snacks. I went the rehab route and I can testify you can spend every bit of that, and a little more if you want good electronics . Flip side of the coin is I'm very happy with my boat, you must understand though you will not recover the cost of upgrades.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

I'm in Denver but we just left our A25 in NY after cruising the North Channel so we can do the Rideau Canal next year so I can't show it to you.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

I don't see any A25's in Ebay's completed listings. Got a link?
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

There was an A25 with a new trailer which sold for a decent price a little over a year ago, maybe two. I considered it and even sent a friend to inspect it. It didn't have an engine installed but had a used Yanmar which could be bought separately. Glad I didn't go for it as I recently saw it on Craigslist in Florida. Guy had installed the Yanmar and it had seized up immediately upon installation and he was trying to get his money back out of it. That would be a tough sale unless someone just happened to have a spare engine around and was looking for something to do.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

A clever fellow can go far with a junk A25. A nice hull would be where to start. Then throw in a well appointed shop and truck load of mechanical aptitude. Then the wheelbarrows full of cash. And unlimited time to work on it. I am just a step or two ahead of the guy with the seized Yanmar. That would be a major blow. I have one good season on the refreshed MD17C and am spending more money on it to increase its reliability. Could be money down the drain if it bends a pushrod next spring, but even that isn't necessarily the end of the road. You need to enjoy it along the way. Enjoy the process and make your own conditions. Today I will be swapping the fuel and raw water pumps with Brand New! I'll crank up the tunes, have a couple cold ones on hand ("he just forgot to factor in beer and snacks"). No I didn't. Come on out here, Mark!

Looking forward to a few days back on the water and hoping to catch a decent weather window. Despite a week of nonstop rain, the sun is back and the water is glass here on the Canal. I love it. Even the forty-plus year old bucket of rattles engine.

Denver is a ways away, but I'll keep my eyes out for any that come up on the left coast.
Does anyone know of the status of Shatoosh that was last seen on cragslist in Sacramento?
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We might be the closest trailered A25 to Denver (???), but that's still a long way away, 800 miles away. Boats in general you get what you pay for, one way or another. If you're ever down in the Phoenix area I can show you ours. We are sitting in our boat at anchor on Lake Pleasant at this very moment.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Yodaboat
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Yodaboat »

We have family in the Phoenix area so I will take you up on the offer next time we visit.

Thank you!

Pierre
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'WOW WHAT A RIDE!' - Hunter S Thompson
Yodaboat
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Yodaboat »

kerrye wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:28 am I don't see any A25's in Ebay's completed listings. Got a link?
http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s21/ ... 22590.html

Yep sold on Oct 10th of 2015..... LOL I missed the 2015 part.

:lol:
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Yes, that's the one I was referring to. Not that great of a bargain since it didn't include either the trailer or the replacement engine.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

You don't want to know how much we've spent on our boat, & that's one that came with a good engine. Admittedly a splurge, but $3,500 on davits & new Gig Harbor hard shell dinghy alone.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Pierre, PM me next time you plan to come down to Phx to visit family. We are on the NW side of town in Peoria. Might even be able to treat you to a boat ride & observe launching & recovery to & from the trailer
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Quotes he Gonzo, mhmm! Yeeeaaahhh. Welcome to the group, yoda.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”