• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

tv placement

Albin's "power cruisers"
drsutton
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Lake Norman North Carolina

tv placement

Post by drsutton »

Where is the best placement for a tv on an albin27 fc?
Thanks,
Bill in NC
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: tv placement

Post by Jay Knoll »

Hi Bill

I put ours on the main bulkhead

download/file.php?id=10175&t=1 don't know if this link will work, if not just look thru my thread "Better Days Refit"

I hid it behind the painting

Jay
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Post by Beta Don »

I mounted ours on the removable anchor locker panel at the head of the Vee berth

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
drsutton
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by drsutton »

Thanks guys for your detailed reply. It's clever to put one behind a painting on the main bulkhead l. My next question is how do you connect this to the electrical system? I thought of different ways but I thought maybe you could give me a hand. Regards, bill
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay Knoll »

Bill

I installed another 110 outlet on the main bulkhead, cut the hole so the box was inside the head sink area, picked up the power feed from the outlet in the head. Running the antenna wire was a bitch, down from the cabin top into the hanging locker area then behind the aft head bulkhead into the head storage compartment then forward into the main cabin. I don't leave the tv plugged in all the time, when not in use the wires live behind the picture

Jay
drsutton
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by drsutton »

Hi Jay,
Thanks. That's very helpful info. However, unless you have an ac/dc powered unit, are you tied to shore power? I had a dually powered tv on my last boat (Helms 27 sailboat) allowing me to watch tv whether in or out of my slip. Also, I hung a small, mult-dimentional flat antenna in front of one of the nearby portholes. It worked like a charm, especially when out on the water where there were no obstructions.
Bill
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay Knoll »

I have an inverter on board, couldn't find a dual powered tv that fit the space I had. My boat has a radar/light/antenna "mast" I added the TV antenna there. Frankly we don't watch too much live TV but I hook up the TV to my ipad and watch movies/tv programs we've downloaded
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Post by Beta Don »

I bought a 22" AC/DC TV from WalMart for about $100. It was NOT advertised as AC/DC though. It came with a little power supply that plugged into 120 volts and put out 12 VDC, so I cut the cord off that power suppy and wired it directly into the boat's 12 volt system - We never ran it on 120 volts
I ran the DC power line along the port side, above and behind the galley up to the anchor locker bulkhead, tucked up behind the coaming and held up there with small blocks of foam wedged there. I ran the antenna cable in the same manner along the starboard side, through the head and through the engine room bulkhead aft of the head to my antenna junction box which was mounted on the aft wall of the hanging locker
The antenna I used was a 12" diameter amplified omni unit mounted up on the mast. We regularly got stations 75 miles or more away
We also had a 12 volt DVD player hooked to the TV for those times when there wasn't much worth watching
Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
drsutton
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by drsutton »

Guys, all of this discussion has been very helpful. Thanks. Bill

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”