• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27 Value

Albin's "power cruisers"
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: Albin 27 Value

Post by Jay Knoll »

Jeff

At least the salesman was honest and saved you a drive. I hear you about the distance from a marina, my boat is less than 1/4 mile from my house but there were days when I wished I had it delivered to my driveway, would have saved a lot of back and forth from my shop to the dock! Keep searching, there is one out there for you. But, maybe that is an idea, offer to buy it for $5k as is where is, and ship it to your house to work on it! But then you'll be into a major project -- the old story time vs money.

Jay
mollygray
Mate
Mate
Home Port: none

Post by mollygray »

Yes he was in the end. Looks like it would be a great project for you. I looked back on the thread showing the work you did on your boat, very nice work. I need a boat in good shape, some minor work is ok, but I just don't have the time, room or skill to take on something like that . I'll find something, maybe a 28 TE and soon I hope ; my wife thinks I'm obsessed with the boat thing. Jeff
Shogun
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Stratford, Ct

Post by Shogun »

mollygray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:40 am Thanks Britt, sounds like you have a keeper. How hard is it to get parts for Isuzu ? The boat that I'm interested in looks like it's a running project boat ; wet, soft, leaky. Jeff
Jeff,

Parts are not a problem with the Isuzu - apparently this engine and versions of it are in use all over the globe. I believe they still sell a new and improved version of the same engine. I agree with everything advised to you so far in this thread. I would definitely get a survey done in addition to your due diligence. I got lucky but it was a boat I knew from someone I knew took good care of the boat so the 25K price was right for me.
Britt Hughes -
Albin27 Sport
mollygray
Mate
Mate
Home Port: none

Post by mollygray »

Thanks Britt, good to know about the Isuzu engine. I'm not dead set on the Albin 27, could be TE28 or another downeast style boat, maybe even an Island Gypsy. Pretty tough down this way finding a DE. Jeff

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”