• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Winter Wrap for Sea Quill

Albin's "power cruisers"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Winter Wrap for Sea Quill

Post by WillieC »

I got my cover on about one day before I REALLY needed it. It has been raining and howling here ever since. The WillieC is so happy now.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Yes, as in one of those. I'm not a racer, just a half-assed cruiser (maybe triple-assed since its a trimaran) so I can't answer your questions, apart from 'Yes, it is fast'. :) You're tempting me. We are planning to bring our camper south to NM and AZ in the February/March time frame. We'd be more likely to bring our Sea Pearl 21 trimaran if we bring a boat since it's more readily towable behind our camper.
apostles 005.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Kerry,

That's quite a truck rig! If you did decide to come down here be sure to look me up. There's good camping at Lake Pleasant with water & power hookups if you need them. I'm not sure what I'll be doing with our boat in February & March, since I'd like to get our topsides repainted this year, so it may end up being in the shop for a while sometime between now & April while the weather's still good & before summer heat returns. I don't have a suitable place to work on it myself, our home is in an HOA tract neighborhood & the yard were we park the boat is too dusty for painting. Oh, & I've still got the cabin window gasket material you sold me, so replacing the plexi windows is on my list too. That said, if our boat isn't laid up when you get here it would be fun to get out on the water. I would think the F-24 would be an easy tow behind that truck which appears to be a dually? I could give you a hand with mast raising if need be. Hey, if you were up for racing I'd be glad to crew on the F-24. I've never been much for racing either, but have done so a few times on OPB's, and I've had sailboats on Lake Pleasant from 1998 to 2013 (two of my former boats are still in the mast-up storage yard at the lake). Can't imagine the F-24 would be more than about 3,500 to 4,000 lbs towing weight if that, including the trailer. However, black ice on sections I-40 east of Flagstaff can sometimes be treacherous in winter, so watch out.

Temporary camp spaces at the lake surround each of those green grassy squares near the edge of the lake in the aerial photo below, with water & power hookups at each one. Rates are $36/night or $240 weekly rate for 7 nights. Or you can dry camp without hookups in the open dirt parking space between the grassy areas and the paved road that leads to the launch ramp next to the dam for $16/night. Also if you got a guest slip in the marina & slept in the cabin of your F-24 that's $30/night, with shore power available if your boat is set up for it. You'd have to fold the amas though. Or anchor out in one of the coves for free.
lakesidecamp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

That’s all good info. I’ll look you up if and when we get there. The towing problem arises from the fact that the camper extends beyond the hitch. I was able to extend the SP21’s trailer tongue to resolve that problem. Haven’t been able to do that with the F-24 trailer. It’s more likely we’ll be traveling boatless apart from a canoe or kayaks. We do have some F-24 sailing friends from the trailer sailors association who winter near you and sail a Hobie Tri down there
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Sounds good. Not many Hobie Tri's around, so if I see one out sailing it'll probably be your friends'. Either way, if you do come down we'll have to get together. If our boat isn't laid up for painting if/when you arrive we can do a boat ride & compare notes. We have met a number of A25 folks already, WillieC in Seattle, dkirsop on Pender Island, sunsetrider in Gananoque, ON, and Joyce W, current owner of Shatoosh. Plus some of the BC Albin owners who showed up at Ladysmith in July..
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Their names are Jeff and Barb Proctor. They live in Ontario but travel to AZ with their RV for the winter months. They sail Lake Pleasant and another lake near there whose name I can't remember.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

There are TWO lakes in Arizona?
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Yes there's more than one lake in AZ. They could sail on Bartlett Lake or Tempe Town Lake. Those are the two closest. Then there's Lake Havasu on the AZ-CA border, or Roosevelt Lake 130 miles east of here. Just last week we RV camped out by the Superstition Mountains & kayaked on Canyon Lake, one of a string of narrow lakes that are part of the Salt River chain of lakes downstream from Roosevelt.
If we see the Proctors we'll invite them to come hang out with the the Lake Pleasant Sailing Club, of which we're members.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

A little off topic but. Kerrye what type truck is that it looks like an Isuzu? Looks like a good work and play truck. Just wondering thanks Chris
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

1999 Fuso FG. The only medium duty cab over 4wd truck sold in the US. 4cyl turbo diesel

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/thre ... ples.9299/

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”