• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

I need help selling my 25 Delux

Albin's "power cruisers"
nineducks
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: my garage on a trailer

I need help selling my 25 Delux

Post by nineducks »

I am offering a 20% commission to the person who can sell my boat for me. She is a wonderful boat, with many improvements, including Volvo repower. My husband/ co-skipper died and left us. Please contact me here, or at a9ducky@yahoo.com.
Winterhaven
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Punta Gorda, FL

Re: I need help selling my 25 Delux

Post by Winterhaven »

Where is boat located, year, and price
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

First, condolences on your loss. Posting ads here, on Craig's List, Yachtworld, Boatrader, Trawler Forum will help. Include photos, particulars, year, location, what gear & electronics are included, horsepower, model designation (for example MD17C) & number of hours on the Volvo engine, trailer included or available or not. Could also list it with a local brokerage.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

I'd also like to echo DesertAlbin's sentiments.

Posting here is a good first step.

Another thought for you... I've actually used "POP Yachts" as a broker to sell a boat recently. I have to say, I had a positive experience as a result. They charge 15% commission, but do all the work. You just reply to some emails from them and FedEx some paperwork when the time comes.

They assign you one of their local representatives who'll take pictures of the boat, post them on boating classifieds on the internet. They handle all aspects of the sale including paperwork from start to finish and escrow of funds and don't charge anything until it is sold. I basically filled out a questionnaire, allowed them access to take photos of the boat and a couple months later I had an offer. The boat was sold. And this was during the winter months!

If I had to pick a downside it is that every other month or so they email you and ask you to lower your asking price If there's not enough action. You can always say no. When it is sold, they assume you're looking for another boat and start showing you similar boats. Again, just say no.

Might be worth an inquiry. Hope all works out well.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I think that a couple pictures showing the whole boat, the instrumentation, the galley, maybe the head, one of the prop, rudder and trailer, and one of the engine would generate a lot of interest at AOG. You will have to communicate all that to anyone interested in a commission so why not try it for a month on the forum and keep the 20%? There are lots of inquiries for A25s for sale here.

Coming up with a price from the family who enjoyed the labors of the co/skipper would be the tricky part, though with repowered Volvo it should be on the higher end. Maybe one of the AOGers here who live close-by could take a look and maybe weigh in. Donate the commission to the forum, or to hurricane recovery, be creative. Could be the start of something big and a good way to remember and honor the co-skipper.

So sorry for your loss. I can understand why you would want somebody to just handle it. You have more important things to deal with now.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

I've exchanged e-mails with Janice. Boat is in Washington State. 100 hours on the engine.
BDB
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

Post by BDB »

Hello, I am in Bellingham, WA, if I can be of help, let me know. Sorry for your loss. Bruce
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard, BDB. Yours will make up to three A25s I know of in Bellingham.
It is my understanding that this boat has been sold. Perhaps the two parties may verify this at some point.
Thank you for responding.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”