• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Interior pieces?

Albin's "power cruisers"
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Interior pieces?

Post by jerridsc »

BBFD0834-6D76-485F-9B65-E970FC5283C9.jpeg

One of the two photos I’m trying to attach

Jerridsc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Interior pieces?

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Zooming in for closeup view, which one can do by clicking on the photo and clicking a 2nd time for even more magnifcation, it looks like those pieces were held down by screws along the edges, as evidenced by the screw holes. If they are not finished with teak/mahogany veneer, they could be part of the aft cabin quarterberths, ie the boards that the cushions rest on, or under the forward cabin settee cushions, which the raw plywood finish with signs of water damage suggests. What kind of finish if any is on the other side of the pieces? They don't look like wheelhouse/cockpit floorboards, as those would not be screwed down and would have finger holes to allow lifting up. And besides, the shapes don't match the floorboards I'm familiar with.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

The two heavily stained panels on the right are definitely from the rear half of the two aft quarter berths. The left most panel looks like the forward half of one of the quarter berths. If the supporting struts have also been removed from the boat you will have a difficult time sorting out what goes where and how to secure the various panels. It would be very worthwhile to visit an intact Albin to examine and identify the various pieces. This would not be difficult as everything in the boat is easily accessible. One day with a camera and a willing volunteer would be all you would need.

The following link will take you to a site that has every drawing of virtually every piece that goes into the boat. With patience you can find all the panel details and placements. The drawings are in Swedish but they are mostly graphical and easy to understand. All dimensions are in millimetres. https://digitaltmuseum.se/search/?q=Alb ... tdesign%22

Good luck.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

Oops, brain fart. The two pieces at the right are part of the forward bunk. They lay in place opposite to how you have them. The ogee profile is where they nest into the forward chine of the hull as it rises. The other ends goe up against the bulkhead for the galley to port and the hanging locker bulkhead to starboard.

The piece at the far left forms the rear half of the starboard aft quarter berth. The attached wood strips face down and support the adjacent panels for the centre cushion and the forward half of the aft quarter berth.

Sorry about that.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

The cutaway pics actually show amazing detail. ( I see I should probably put the stick back in on top of the fuel tank, I wondered about that.)
Keep posting pics. We'll help you get it back together. And given your experience, you'll no doubt improve a lot of it. Myself, I didn't like how puny the members were under the helm, and access to the batteries was ridiculous. I had no idea a PO installed a battery switch down there, which was set to ALL the first two years we had the boat. I redesigned the whole frame which has only a couple screws to hold it in place and goes together like one of those wooden puzzles you used to see at Wall Drug. Once you found the one piece that would slide, you could take the whole thing apart. If you were quick, you might even remember how to put it back together.
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Post by jerridsc »

Thank you all for your help. I can visit Nick S. In Rockford, IL. (Not too far from me) and see how all the parts go together. I’ll be working in the shop during the Winter making nice new parts. I’ll keep in touch.

Jerridsc

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”