• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 "Markings"

Albin's "power cruisers"
greencoast
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

A25 "Markings"

Post by greencoast »

Alas, our new (to us) 1975 A25 has no original identifying plates, logos, decals, etc. anywhere upon her! The other A25s I've seen in person and in pics typically have some sort of indentifier. In fact, if the A25 we saw in Cap Sante marina hadn't had the original "Albin 25" marking we may never have known exactly what type of boat we had just fallen in love with. So, long story short, if anyone knows of a source for such swag, please pass the info along.
Thanks!
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: A25 "Markings"

Post by WillieC »

No brass plate below the wheel?

The previous owner of our boat knew a guy who knew a guy who could get the chrome plated logos that belong on each side of the front cabin. How about a pennant from AOG? By the time I get around to it they'll be gone again.

Otherwise, they were pretty sparse about marking them. Maybe the Albineers of BC can help.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I wonder if Albin had quit using the brass nameplates under the steering wheel after the current hull identification rules went into effect post-1972 where the numbers are etched or molded into the upper starboard corner of the transom? Pre-1972 the only hull ID was the brass plate under the steering wheel, and in most if not all cases new hull ID number in the current format had to be generated & added, usually by the state licensing (Game & Fish Dept in Arizona's case) entity when applying for registrations and/or titles. Otherwise the only logo would be the chrome letters on the sides of the forward cabin, which for a 1975 model would be "Albin 25 DeLuxe".

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.htm

Brass plate.jpg
Well, I hope we'll be able to meet up & compare boats when we're up there this coming summer. Greencoast, since you are in Bellingham can you suggest options for longer term truck & trailer parking options other than the 7 days allowed in the main lot next to the Squalicum Harbor ramp? In the past we've launched from Squalicum Harbor & been able to take advantage of 60 day free truck/trailer parking in the dirt overflow lot behind Redden's by registering with the harbor master's office. But I've heard that option is no longer available. Friends of ours were up there with their O'Day sailboat last year and had to find and pay for offsite parking and take taxis or Uber rides back to their boat. Otherwise we were thinking of heading up to Blaine to launch, since as far as I know the 60 day free parking option still is available there. But all things considered, I'd rather launch from Bellingham if we can figure out a viable parking solution. What are your cruising plans if any for this coming summer? Speaking of Cap Sante Marina, I wouldn't mind launching from Anacortes if we could find a suitable free or inexpensive truck parking option there. We plan to be on the water from 2nd or 3rd week of June through all of July and some of August & run all the way up to Desolation Sound via Nanaimo and Comox or Campbell River. You're welcome to come along or do a rendezvous somewhere along the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
greencoast
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by greencoast »

I guess it's that chrome "Albin 25 Deluxe" letters/logo that we're looking for. Might have to have it custom made. If anyone has a closeup pic with dimensions to share it would be greatly appreciated.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

This is about the best I can do, the logo on an A25 we spotted in Friday Harbor in 2016. This one appears to be made of plastic instead of metal/chrome & I don't know if it's OEM, a replacement, or what year boat it's on. If you're ever in Friday Harbor you may see this boat docked in a slip there. It's very distinctive with green painted transom, a sail rig and anchor windlass. If you had a way of looking up the owner via the WN registration number he or she may be able to help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

You might find some in the store on this site:

http://www.albin25.se/
greencoast
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by greencoast »

Thanks Kerrye. Looks like they might have at least a decal replicating it.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

If you took an impression from an existing name plate it would not be hard to get a mold and have a bronze casting made. Then get it chromed. The originals are chromed bronze. If you get several parties to go together the cost would come down considerably.

Check with a foundry in your area. Those that do memorial plaques can do this quite efficiently.

The other alternative is to get them laser cut from stainless steel. A sheet metal shop specializing in stainless steel is the go to for this.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Or buy a 3D printer! Ha! In five years we'll all have them.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

In the meantime, take that photo of the Friday Harbor boat to a sign shop, scale the lettering size by comparing the height of letters in the picture to the height of the cabin window next to it, pick a similar font, and have custom vinyl peel & stick on lettering made. Ariel or almost any sans serif font would do. Try "Yu Gothic UI Light" for instance That would seem to be the quickest, easiest, & least expensive way to go. And you don't have to drill any screw holes. Most folks don't even know what an Albin is, so who's gonna nitpick about a chrome metal OEM logo?

This is how we did the boat name on our previous Catalina 25 in vinyl lettering.
IMG_5440.JPG
We named that boat after this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrk4X9ACtw
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Somewhere on this forum someone was just recently listing "Albin-25" and "Deluxe" aluminum plates. Look around. Several years ago I had a sign shop make us a set of adhesive vinyl silver labels the same scale as the original. They look pretty good, though are not "embossed".
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/898145276863354/

Greencoast, I was poking around this site, and found exactly what you are looking for. Scroll down not far and you'll see a picture. Date is 2017, so not too long ago.
Good luck.

This might refer you to the site that Kerrye suggests.
greencoast
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by greencoast »

Thanks WillieC. I actually found those on the Swedish site that Kerrye suggested (thanks Kerrye). I'm going to order 2 pair; $80 delivered.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”