• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My Craigslist A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: My cl A25

Post by kerrye »

For your bilge plug reading pleasure: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8941&p=57620&hilit ... lug#p57620
ednlorna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port St. John, FL

Re: My Craigslist A25

Post by ednlorna »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the help! Although I'm still avoiding climbing the ladder into my A25 which is still perched high on my trailer, I did contact the PO, Hull 1220 did not come into his care with a plug for the drain, so he fiber glassed the thru hull.

Ed
ednlorna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port St. John, FL

Post by ednlorna »

August Update:

I was fortunate to find an Albin 25, Hull 1728, named "Snug" that the owner agreed to swap for my 2003 SeaPro 20 foot center console fishing boat. (Pictures of Snug attached.) Snug is totally functional and is set up for extended cruising. The Beta 20 Horse diesel runs great!

Anyone know anything about "Snug"? Home port painted on the transom is "Ortona, Florida," which is near Lake Okeechobee. The person I traded with says that the boat was originally from New England, which explains it's radar and cute little wood burning stove as well as the name.

So now I have two A25's! I haven't decided what to do with the projest A25 I bought in March. I hurt myself working on the project boat trailer and I have decided that perhaps I'm not up for what that boat requires: restoration. Anyway, I need to decide if I should sell the project boat or what.

I hope you all are all having a great summer!

Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I probably said this before...but I'm old so listen up.

Somebody asked my why I had five motorcycles. Because i don't have room for six!

Two A25s. Now if I were younger...

Ran across a thread on CW about Water Rats. One fellow had so much excreta on his boat, tools, parts, you name it. Stuff that might be needed one day and the rest too difficult to get rid of. Describes my shop to a tee. (And that sounds like a nice find!)
Last edited by WillieC on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Always interesting to see small detail differences between individual A25's. WillieC & I were recently fortunate enough to be able attend a rendezvous in Ladysmith, BC as part of our Desolation Sound cruise (for those who don't know, Ladysmith is a town & harbour on the east side of Vancouver Island) put on by the Albineers of BC club at which there were 6 Albin 25's in attendance including our two boats, plus a couple A27s.

One thing to compare and contrast to is the way wiring terminals are laid out behind that little door in the head compartment. Here's what ours looks like. Look closely at the upper right & you can see the engine hour meter reading 897. This photo was taken in late December, 2016, less than two years ago and we've put almost exactly 200 more hours on the engine since then.
20161220_152559.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”