• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

deleted

Albin's "power cruisers"
johnvb1014
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Wilson NY

deleted

Post by johnvb1014 »

deleted
Last edited by johnvb1014 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: Nissan parts engine

Post by tego »

John, I'm getting ready to repower. My Nissan is a good engine and has a lot of updates on it (ss riser. new H/E, rebuilt injection pump and injectors, etc.) It was rebuilt by my PO about 500 hrs ago. It has a small oil leak up front now and it's getting time to change the timing belt. It runs very well but I'm getting ready to go cruising again and I want absolute reliability and good parts availability (crap happens!) so I"m looking at a Beta 60. I'm getting too old to do the yoga it takes to get into my engine room now. If anyone is looking for a good engine or parts engine, I'm open to offers. I'll be pulling her the third week of April if everything lines up. Ben (865)233-3621
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

Just got off the phone with you and hope you enjoyed a good evening with your friends. My contact number is
864 706-5235.
Thank You
James Anderson
Gunny Albin27 FC "Knot Again"
TorreyWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Buffalo NY

Post by TorreyWP »

Oil leaking from the front of the engine is 100% the front crankshaft seal. They are still available from Napa and its replacement procedure fits hand in hand with the timing belt replacement project. Just an FYI for you or your interested parties.

John, I have done some research on the dampener plate as mine is getting pretty noisy. I'll share with you here or maybe create a new thread so I don't hijack this one.

Ben, getting ready for your repower and trip must be exciting! Many of us out in Albin world lust after a repower job, if you could document yours as best possible, I'm sure there are other like myself who would really appreciate sharing your experiences! Best of luck along the way. Beta 60 is a great, simple engine and the Beta people are really nice to work with.
Torrey Pollard
1985 27FC
Beta 50
TorPedo
USCG 50 Ton Near Coastal

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”