• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Glare problem at helm

Albin's "power cruisers"
Randall
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: North fort myers,fl

Glare problem at helm

Post by Randall »

I have been bothered by the glare off the "dashboard" forward of the helm. Anyone suffer same irritation and found solution? Thanks in advance. Randy '86 FC "Manatee" North Fort Myers Florida
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Glare problem at helm

Post by RobS »

Not sure what the area or surface looks like on your boat but on my 28TE I cut sheets of nonskid drawer liner. Worked like a charm and it served two purposes, no more glare and everything you put there stayed put. Comes in many colors... don't have specific pictures but these do show it fairly well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Post by Beta Don »

I carpeted my dashboard with a scrap of thin, tan indoor/outdoor type carpet I bought at Lowes - Helps keep things I lay up there from sliding around too

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
Randall
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Randall »

It took me very little time to implement your suggestion. Installation time was 45 mins. Unable to download photo but thanks for your advise. Randy
Randall
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Randall »

Sorry, I should have thanked Rob. S as I used his suggestion. Randy "Manatee"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”