• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Door lock parts??

Albin's "power cruisers"
BCboater
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Door lock parts??

Post by BCboater »

Any chance anyone has a line on replacement parts for the cabin door lock in the Albin 25? The spring that engages the deadbolt in the door leading into the front cabin on my boat snapped (after only about 45 years' use!), temporarily locking me out of the cabin.

I'd like to find a replacement spring, or entire latch/lock assembly, but realize that's not very likely. Just thought I'd ask.

Cheers
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Door lock parts??

Post by dkirsop »

The door lock is made by Perko, and I believe SeaDog makes a knockoff. Both available from any marine hardware store.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
BCboater
Mate
Mate

Post by BCboater »

Thanks for the info, I never would have guessed that Perko would have a compatible part, I'll check it out.

Happy Cruising!
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

On that subject... does anyone know where to get the rubber thingamagics that holds the door open?
DAE9D332-9883-476D-AF68-B166F42EEDC5.jpeg
CCAA989E-5801-4D0D-A673-547143B746C9.jpeg
Ulf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I made one out of a screw-on silicon caulk tube end. I filled the threaded end with jb weld so I could drill a hole for a mounting screw, then kept trimming the other end until it was the right size for the SS knob to hold. Then it split, because I didn't trim it far enough. But it still works! I consider the split the extra quiet option. It takes a fairly serious sea to dislodge the door. I have this on the head door. The cabin door still has the original parts.
(OTOH, if you find the real deal, buy a few of them and recoup your investment.)

Your set-up looks a candidate for the double hinged split door option!
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: ganges

Post by ssrig »

tribologist wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 pm On that subject... does anyone know where to get the rubber thingamagics that holds the door open?

DAE9D332-9883-476D-AF68-B166F42EEDC5.jpegCCAA989E-5801-4D0D-A673-547143B746C9.jpeg

Ulf
Mine were all worn out and not holding too. What I did was filled the rubber thingamagig with Sikaflex 291, similar to 3m 4200 I think, then covered the knob that enters the rubber with plastic and insert it into the rubber where it belongs, wait until cured then pull it apart, remove the plastic and trim if needed.... good for a while? I have done something similar on my camper and it has lasted so far six years.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”