• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

4d61 oil cooler hose

Albin's "power cruisers"
dscott
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burlington, VT

4d61 oil cooler hose

Post by dscott »

While changing the oil I noticed a slight crack in a hose from the oil filter area to what looks to be the oil cooler. Where can I get a replacement item. Does it have an internal metal braid. Nothing leaks.

Thanks,
Dean Scott
Kestral
'84 A27FC Peugeot/Lehman 4D61
Burlington, VT
boater_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabrook, Texas

Re: 4d61 oil cooler hose

Post by boater_mike »

A good marine supplier should have a internally braided replacement hose of that size. I don't think that hose is under any significant amount of pressure.
"Corda Francis" - 1984 ALBIN 27FC #129
dscott
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burlington, VT

Post by dscott »

Thanks, takes some worry off my mind that there is no immanent catastrophe waiting.
Dean Scott
Kestral
'84 A27FC Peugeot/Lehman 4D61
Burlington, VT
smacksman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sold in New Orleans

Post by smacksman »

I had to remove my oil cooler and when I fitted it back the oil lines leaked badly. I was told that old flexible joints fail. I took the old lines to a motor factors and they made up new lines as I waited. Cost about $60.
The old fuel lines leaked as soon as I touched them! I had new fittings brazed onto the old banjos and new fuel lines made at a fuel/hydraulics shop for a total of about $150. Money well spent.
1983 Albin 27fc 'Free State' with Lehman 4D61- now sold.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”