• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 expansion tank

Albin's "power cruisers"
dscott
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burlington, VT

A27 expansion tank

Post by dscott »

Pressure water system seems slow. Pressure is maintained for only 20 or so seconds at the galley faucet. Pump on pressurized, pump off, open faucet in galley, good stream for 20 sec., slows to a trickle and the pump is on again. I have checked the output of the pump and water comes through but I have no way of knowing if that is the correct amount. Every 5 min or so the pump will activate for a few seconds. I’m new to this boat so I have no idea how it worked before. Also I can’t seem to find expansion tank.
Dean Scott
Kestral
'84 A27FC Peugeot/Lehman 4D61
Burlington, VT
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: A27 expansion tank

Post by Beta Don »

If you have a good stream of water for 20 seconds before the pump kicks back on, you have much larger pressure thank than most - It shouldn't be too hard to find

Since it kicks back on every 5 minutes or so, you have a small leak somewhere, or the check valve is allowing pressure to go back though the pump

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
dscott
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burlington, VT

Post by dscott »

But the stream really slows after that. Is that normal?
Dean Scott
Kestral
'84 A27FC Peugeot/Lehman 4D61
Burlington, VT
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Post by Beta Don »

It slows until the pump kicks back on. On my boat, opening the tap gave a quite variable stream with the pump kicking on and off every 6 or 8 seconds. It's never a steady stream like your home sink for sure!

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”