• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A 25 Propeller Shaft & Seal F/S

Albin's "power cruisers"
BCboater
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

A 25 Propeller Shaft & Seal F/S

Post by BCboater »

I re-powered my Albin 25 and replaced the 25 mm propeller shaft with a true 1 in. I also replaced the stuffing box (x2, a story for another day). So, I have available a stock Albin 25 propeller shaft and a stuffing box in case someone needs same.

The shaft has a minor amount of wear showing where it went through the stuffing box. It might polish out or if your stuffing box doesn't meet it in exactly the same place no problem as the rest of the shaft is un-marked.

The stuffing box is what I've seen called a "fisherman"s stuffing box'; it has a grease cup mounted on top of the casting so that the bearing can be greased instead of just relying on water cooling. It never leaked when I was using it.

If anyone is interested shoot me a PM so I can send pictures and we can discuss price.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”