• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 Rehab Questions

Albin's "power cruisers"
Reckman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cincinnati, Ohio

A25 Rehab Questions

Post by Reckman »

Has anyone replaced the locking strip on the windows seals? mine look rough, like the last owner painted them.

Around the edge of the boat where the top casting meets the hull - mine has a fair amount of cracking, has anyone repaired that area? I was thinking of filling it with Sikabond or something similar, maybe grind out a bit of the big cracks

Thanks for your input.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: A25 Rehab Questions

Post by kerrye »

I’ve replaced the front and back windows and have a DIY thread on here somewhere. My locking strip had a shiny finish on them as I recall. Maybe plastic chrome or something like that
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I bought Kerry's leftover rubber trim & waiting on my own rehab/overhaul schedule for this coming fall/winter, but still missing that 'round tuit' to complete the job.

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: ROUNT TUIT.
round tuit.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I have read that the rubber used on tractor cab windows also works. Surely worth looking into in Ohio?

Not sure I understand the cracking you describe around the joint. Could you post a picture or two? The whole sandwich joint is bolted together with all those screws, then the one and only color blue rub rail snaps over it on the edge. Do you mean on the flat top section the gelcoat is cracked? The outer portion of the topdeck has a wood core that extends inward about halfway through the fuel filler cap, maybe 3 or 4 inches, then transitions to foam-ish-ness. At least this is what I ascertained from rebedding the fuel fill fitting. I would imagine this construction is typical all the way around. I am amazed this joint does not cause significant problems for these boats. That blue rubrail must really do the trick.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

That’s some interesting info in the core. I did not know that. I did rebed my fuel fill but must have missed that transition

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”