• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New wood

Albin's "power cruisers"
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

New wood

Post by Mark Deeser »

Installed new dash board cover, like the look and it ups the usable space. Just what an 86 27 FC needs, more wood to refinish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
realtorknox
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: florida

Re: New wood

Post by realtorknox »

Very nice, in your photo a section of floor (deck) shows. Did you paint or is it an application material?

Thanks,

Randall 1986 Albin 27FC "Meridian" formerly "Manatee"
North Fort Myers,Fl
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Thanks Randall, the flooring is a glued on hard rubber type mat. I think I saw it on Amazon, differing patterns and some color choices.
TorreyWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Buffalo NY

Post by TorreyWP »

That really does look great Mark.

We pulled our 27 yesterday and gave it a good scrub, I was kind of shocked at how ratty looking all the wood trim has gotten. Exterior and Interior.

What finish did you use? I hear others have good luck with Interlux Cetol.

Im not sure what my PO used but they finished the wood trim in place so it was half a job to begin with....
Torrey Pollard
1985 27FC
Beta 50
TorPedo
USCG 50 Ton Near Coastal
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Thanks Capt. Torrey, inside wood gets three coats of spar urethane, cockpit wood gets five coats. Outside teak gets three coats of West System 105 with 207 hardener, then ten coats of the urethane. We are able to light sand and top coat out side wood once a year. Currently make covers for all outside wood to cut back on refinishing. We are doing annual refinish now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”