• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Interior piece identifying

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Interior piece identifying

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Is that really "Sand Beige" color? or "Oyster White" you used?
Yes it was "Sand Beige". Not much different than Rustoleum's regular "Almond" color paint for metal. It's a little bit lighter than the almond-like color of the fiberglass, but close with a hint of yellow in it. The Admiral wants carpet over it anyway. Better paying $16.95 per quart than paying $45 for Interlux.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Last summer, my brother and I made all new marine plywood panels for my 1977 Albin 25 deLuxe, using the old, delaminating originals as templates. Then we applied 2 coats of epoxy to seal them. The exposed cockpit floorboards were later painted with two coats of Petit epoxy nonskid paint.

I had the same problem as you: Trying to remember where they all go! When I figured it out, I layed them out in their general position in my driveway and took a picture, for future reference.

Note that my cockpit floorboards around the engine box are not the original Albin shapes. I did not have the originals for these so I made it up as I went. The cabin and locker panels are the originals shapes, though.
20180809_191159.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Post by jerridsc »

Good idea. Helpful to see the pieces laid out that way.

Jerridsc

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”