• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Interior piece identifying

Albin's "power cruisers"
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Interior piece identifying

Post by jerridsc »

Still working on my A25 project boat. Every interior piece of wood was removed when I got it. Some of the pieces are obvious in their position, some not. Any help appreciated. Left to right, top to bottom.

Thanks,
jerridsc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: ganges

Re: Interior piece identifying

Post by ssrig »

Fun! Middle one on bottom row looks like right under the helm, the cockpit sole with the cut out snugging around the bench seat.

A big clue for the way they sit would be which side they are water damaged or rotten.

Top row second from the right looks like the cockpit floor piece above the shaft log.

The two pieces next to the big middle square look like they would be for the aft cockpit along with maybe the top right and middle left.

The two top middle ones look like the vee berth just because of the shape where it looks like the bow flares out just above the waterline.

Top left looks like over the fuel tank.

Bottom right, vee berth with the one just above that looks like one from the starboard cockpit storage under the seat.

The big square centre on has been stumped, cover for the helm?
Did I miss one? Is there a prize for getting the most?
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

What year is your boat?
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jerridsc »

Your prize is my enduring gratitude. I really appreciate your help. My albin is 1973 vintage. It came to me completely disassembled. I can use the parts as templates but I still need to figure out where they go. I may send you another quiz in the future if you’re willing. Thanks for your help

jerridsc
stxray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sea Isle City, NJ

Post by stxray »

I modified your picture to make the game a bit easier.
Albin Floor Pieces.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Al Dente
1975 Albin 25 Deluxe, Hull #2350
Volvo Penta MD3B
Dinghy: 7'2" Achilles Inflatable w/ 2 Hp Honda
Residence: Southeast Pennsylvania
Homeport: Sea Isle City, NJ
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jerridsc »

Nicely done! Something I thought of doing if only I knew how.

Thanks,
jerridsc
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Hey, jerridsc, you aren't far from Rockford, IL! Why not drive down and look at my boat, the DuNORD, built 1976? The wood in her is almost 100% original.
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jerridsc »

Hello Nick. Scott Canfield (jerridsc) here. Traveled on your boat this last Summer. The pictures I took of your boat have been helpful. As I get further into the puzzle, more questions arise. I’d like to visit you again sometime if your boat is available for inspection. I hope you had a good season on DuNORD.

Scott
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

13 is the piece that goes just aft of the water tank in the v berth.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

11 is the piece under the helm
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

4 is the piece between the two aft berths over the rudder stock
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Nicely done! Something I thought of doing if only I knew how.
Easy. Open photo file in MS Paint or similar drawing app, edit, & save changes.

My boat is a 1971 model, so some of the pieces look different than what I'm used to. But that said, I"m guessing #13 is the first cockpit floorboard behind the engine & #4 is the one behind that over the stuffing box & ahead of the aft cabin. Guessing #11 is under the steering wheel/helm station & over the battery compartment & in the picture the forward edge of the board is toward the camera. In other words, if you were taking the picture pointing toward the bow it would need to be rotated 180*. #5 may be the floor piece in the forward cabin between the galley & head. #7 & #9 may be for the aft cabin quarter berths. #2 & #3 may be for the forward cabin settees. #12 could be the piece that goes over the fuel tank. Then again I could be wrong about any or all of them. No idea what #8 is all about.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

Took a few pics, first two are the vee berth, my ply is slightly different shape than yours.
IMG_1875.JPG

This is one of the big vee berth pieces.
IMG_1877.JPG

And all I could get into the picture in the aft cabin.
IMG_1836.JPG
The other piece of ply in the aft cabin is to the right in this picture and is almost square.

# 8 looks like the same size as # 11 on one of the sides which leads me to think it is/was an engine cover, a closeup of those do-hickies on #8 piece of wood might be the clue.

DA I think you have some wrong so you are eliminated from this next round!

1. Over fuel tank
2. & 3. Main vee berth pieces.
4. Furthest aft cockpit cover over shaft log.
5. & 6. Forward pieces of aft cabin.
7. & 9. Rear pieces of aft cabin (see picture above)
8. My guess, a piece to level the helm area above the engine to match #11.
10. Cover over the rudder stock?
11. Under helm, easiest one.
12. Starboard side under the molded fibreglass bench seat right behind the helm and fits down along the glass lip to make a shelf, mine has a similar shape in two pieces to make it easier to get out.
13. Vee berth but not at all like mine.
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jerridsc »

Thank you ssrig. Those pictures are very helpful. Thank you all, I’m glad you’re having fun with the puzzle. All those flooring pieces are starting to make sense.

jerridsc
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

DA I think you have some wrong so you are eliminated from this next round!
Never said I was 100% sure about all the pieces. There were some definite differences between early & later model years. For example, you're saying piece #1 is over the fuel tank. On mine that board extends aft and curves around part of the port bench seat.

I don't have many good floorboard photos, but if you click to zoom & look closely at the area over the fuel tank you can see what I'm talking about. During or after 1973 Albin made a design change in the engine box & bed, moving it aft a few inches so it's completely out of the forward cabin, which eliminated the swinging cabin wall section and also extended the full height of the engine box all the way back. On early models the front end of the engine box extends 4 inches or so into the main cabin & so there's a notch in the bottom right corner of the cabin door. Also on the early pre-DeLuxe models the back end of the engine box that's above the floor boards ends even with the front end of the starboard bench seats and there's a shorter section that runs under the floorboard. So there are just three floorboard sections in the main cockpit area, the one over the fuel tank and the two behind the engine. On ours the section under the steering wheel is rectangular plus a separate small section outboard of that up against the side.
DSCN2104.JPG
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”