• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Finally in finish

Albin's "power cruisers"
mistyjim1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cave junction or

Finally in finish

Post by mistyjim1 »

After deciding to leave our 27 in Florida for the time being I thought some screens for the companion way we're needed. Finally varnishing. Plus a bonus pic of a old table showing some great craftsmanship
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Finally in finish

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Very nice! Phifertex(TM) UV resistant vinyl mesh material works great for screens, doubles as sun screen & bug screens, available in various percentages of UV blocking. The Admiral hates bugs & gets welts if a mosquito even looks at her cross-eyed. We're able to screen in the entire boat, cockpit, foreward cabin (screen velcro'd over the deck hatch), and pilot house hatches and still have ventilation. The only exception is if it's raining, then deck & hard top hatches have to be closed & the rear cockpit enclosure flap has to be closed.
DSCN2102.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

That's some nice looking woodwork/carpentry you've got going there; I look forward to seeing pix of the finished screens, and assure you that I will probably be plagiarizing your work once the Commodore sees them. She has a similar aversion to bugs as DesertAlbin's Admiral.

Did you do the marquetry? If so I remove my cap to you; very nice work.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
mistyjim1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cave junction or

Post by mistyjim1 »

No can't take credit for the end table, found that in my travels and liked it.. I'll post more pics as the screen doors and tops near completion.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”