• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 headroom

Albin's "power cruisers"
beeliner
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: huntington ny

A27 headroom

Post by beeliner »

Hi, I’m considering a 27FC as my next boat. Can anyone tell me what the headroom is under the hardtop in the wheelhouse area? I looked at one years ago and remeber it being a little low for me...Im 6’2”. Thanks.
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Re: A27 headroom

Post by coolchange »

hi...6'3" and in a 27FC for the past four years or so...I stand comfortably at the helm ( I may have an unconscious spread leg stance but really not problem) I do have to make some adjustment below forward but can stand straight near the stairs and close enough to be comfortable in the head. I do manage to bump my head on the wood side to side piece at the stern end of hardtop....and when I made the "camper canvas" I had it designed to "bump up" where it attaches to the front hardtop..so I can stand fully midship...all in all this boat is pretty good for tall folks....also I sleep in the V berth but can sleep fully extended in the stern bunks. Hope that helps.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
beeliner
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: huntington ny

Post by beeliner »

Great info, thank you!
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

I agree with Coolchange; I'm a mere 5'10" and have no problems at all in cabins or wheelhouse; I can even wear a hat if I want to. Aft cabin is a tad low, but I can also stretch out comfortably, and once I get the AC fixed it will be positively chilly again.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”