• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Yanmar engine in 1988 27FC

Albin's "power cruisers"
jumpjet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mt Juliet, TN Cumberland river

Post by jumpjet »

engine.pdf
Hello to the group. I have search and looked at a couple of A27FC. Currently very interested in 1988 FC with Yanmar engine that current owner says is original. I don't have engine model number yet; and the boat is 12 hour drive away. Do have engine picture. have not figured out how to post?

I have searched this sight--cannot find any reference to Yanmar as original install in 1988.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: new member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard!

Yanmars probably were not OEM. A27FC owners can tell you more, but I think most had Nissans as original engines. Yanmar could have been an special option requested by the original owner I suppose, but that's just speculation. Try posting your question on the "A25/A27 True Classics" forum. That said, in my biased opinion having a Yanmar engine in your boat is a good thing.

FYI, to post pictures click the "Full Editor & Preview" tab. Once there you'll see an Attachments tab toward the bottom of the page. Click on that, then the "Add Files" button. That'll bring up a file manager dialog box showing all the file folders on your PC/laptop/tablet. Browse to the photo file you want, then click "Open". That will download it to the editing screen. Photo files are limited to 5 MB or less, so if it's larger than that you'll have to resize to a smaller version. Once you're satisfied with your post click "Submit" to complete upload.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
jumpjet
First Mate
First Mate

Re: new member

Post by jumpjet »

Thank you desertalbin736
jumpjet
First Mate
First Mate

Yanmar engine in 1988 27FC

Post by jumpjet »

Hello to the group. I have search and looked at a couple of A27FC. Currently very interested in 1988 FC with Yanmar engine that current owner says is original. I don't have engine model number yet; and the boat is 12 hour drive away. Do have engine picture. have not figured out how to post? Update, owner says engine is 4JH3-DTE.

I have searched this site--cannot find any reference to Yanmar as original install in 1988.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
mistyjim1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cave junction or

Re: Yanmar engine in 1988 27FC

Post by mistyjim1 »

My 1988 came with a 4 cylinder Yanmar turbo diesel. Im told it was original. Model number 4jhdte. Ilm a Yanmar fan. Id consider it a big plus.
jumpjet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jumpjet »

Mistyjim1---thank you so much for the reply and confirmation. I am a Yanmar fan too. Had a 2 cylinder in compact tractor for several years and engine was easy to work on and I often did. Even a gray market engine, I had no problem finding parts. Even the most cold soaked days in the shed, it would start after several cranks.

Safe cruising,
Steve
Mainer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Portland Maine

Post by Mainer »

My marina neighbor has a 1987 "Sport" that came with 4 cyl Yanmar. He is the original owner.
jumpjet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jumpjet »

Mainer--thank you. Very encouraging information.
wichhojr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Newport News, VA

Post by wichhojr »

I have a 1988 27FC, with a Yanmar 4JH-DTE, 77 hp. I believe it is original to the boat. I like it, although I just had to replace the heat exchanger and the oil cooler due to corrosion in the main castings. Expensive and took a while to find the parts. Still, love the engine. Bought this boat over a 1985 model with the Lehman. Yanmar was noticeably quieter and smoother.
jumpjet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jumpjet »

Wichhojr
Thank you for the great information. How many hours are on your engine?

Thanks,
Steve

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”