• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bomar hatch dogs for A27

Albin's "power cruisers"
stmbtwle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ruskin, FL

Bomar hatch dogs for A27

Post by stmbtwle »

Does anyone know if the Bomar hatch dogs #P2000-52/53 will fit the original forward hatch on an 87 27FC? I talked to Pompanette/Bomar and they couldn't tell me for sure as I couldn't positively identify the hatch. The hatch appears to be repairable IF I can find new dogs. Thanks!
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: Bomar hatch dogs for A27

Post by tego »

The original hatch on the '87 27FC is a "Taylor" and is no longer in production. A replacement hatch is a Bomar 900 series, sold by West Marine, part # 117905 if I remember correctly. I don't know if the Bomar dogs will fit the Taylor hatch. You can do a search on here as I know it's been discussed before. Ben
stmbtwle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stmbtwle »

That explains a lot. I thought someone said it was a Pompanette, but the description didn't fit any of their products. I did a search and couldn't find any useful info. I think I'll probably get the Bomar and be done with it. Thanks!
Bill
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Looking to replace the old and very "unclear" lens on our for'd hatch. While looking came across this link.
Tego said that "87s have Taylor Made hatches, so... https://www.go2marine.com/product/38560 ... a-iii.html

Hope this is useful
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

I suggest you go to the "Hamilton Marine" catalogue, page 250 and 251 and look at the prices for Lewmar and Bomar hatches. Our Lewmar hatch is an extruded and welded aluminum frame hatch and I would in no way call it an "ocean" hatch. The Bomars, on the other hand, are cast aluminum and are one of the world standards of ocean-going hatches. The new Lewmars are much better constructed than ours but until I personally see one, I would go with a Bomar ocean hatch any day. Check out the Bomar web site. In all fairness, they also produce some light duty hatches but they are a LOT cheaper than what Go-to Marine is selling. Good luck. Ben
stmbtwle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stmbtwle »

Not all the Bomars are aluminum, the 900 series appears to be plastic (delrin?). However some plastics are even better than aluminum IMO.
Our old hatch actually has a GLASS lens, and the only thing holding it in was the failing sticky gasket. It won't cloud like plastic but if you should fall on it... an "ocean" hatch? not likely.

Anyway I found a new Bomar 900 on Ebay. Thanks, everyone, for your help!
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Timely topic:
Does the 28TEs also use the Bomar 900s?
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”