• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rear main on Westerbeke w100

Albin's "power cruisers"
Mtnracerx
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg

Rear main on Westerbeke w100

Post by Mtnracerx »

Despite my 6ft wing span I can't get fingers on the leak but narrowed it down to the rear main or rear oilpan seal. Anyone have a "Haynes" type manual on the W100? I can't locate amything with enough detail to determine if I need to pull the engine to replace or just get enough room by disconnecting the shaft and tranny.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: Rear main on Westerbeke w100

Post by kerrye »

You should probably figure out what the original engine is. Westerbeke marinized a lot of Mitsubishi diesels. My W42 is a Mitsubishi. Once you figure out the original engine, finding a service manual shouldn't be difficult since most of the engines Westerbeke marinized were otherwise using in construction equipment.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Michael Monteith, here, should be able to tell you what the engine is and how to get a service manual. http://www.horizonmarinellc.com/main/pa ... ct_us.html
Mtnracerx
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg

Post by Mtnracerx »

Thanks for advice on both accounts.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”