• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Windsheild wiper wire routing

Albin's "power cruisers"
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Windsheild wiper wire routing

Post by Gunny »

Wipers are inoperable on my 27FC and having one heck of a time finding the wires under the helm. Anyone have an idea on the routing of wires after they leave the hardtop area? Thanks
Gunny
SkipD
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Re: Windsheild wiper wire routing

Post by SkipD »

On my 85 the wires are in the roof over to right window, down alongside the helm window, emerging in the cavity between the exterior of the pilot house, by the nav light, and then they take a sharp turn into the helm station in a round hole just behind the engine controls.
Hope this makes sense. Thanks
stmbtwle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ruskin, FL

Post by stmbtwle »

I haven't traced mine completely yet but in my 87 it appears that from the vicinity of the nav light they drop down to deck level then under the deck and up through the deck pipe behind the console. Whether this is original, I don't know. From what I can see (so far) there might be a connector in there too.

See the "wiring transit question" for more info.
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

Thanks for the info. I will find out for sure this coming weekend!
Tunateaser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Babylon, NY

Post by Tunateaser »

I am trying to find out the wiper wiring route on a 2006 31 TE. I've tried toning it out but keep losing the signal. Any help would be appreciated

Eric
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Express
Hull#223
Twin 315 Yanmar 6lpa-stp

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”