• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Albin's "power cruisers"
paulrhein
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cinco Bayou Florida

Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by paulrhein »

I just wanted to invite the Cruisers to join us on Facebook. We have members from all over the world. The more members the better the group. Come on out and say hi!

<>
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I would, but I purposely do not maintain an account on Facebook or any other social media except this one. Call me paranoid, but I certainly do not want to advertise & tell the world when I'm away traveling & my house is unoccupied. Not to mention all the hacks on Facebook data. Evil corporation, IMO. With all due respect, thanks but no thanks.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Yeah...I lurk from time to time, but that's almost too much for me.
Others may not know about the fb page. Thanks for the info.
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:07 pm I would, but I purposely do not maintain an account on Facebook or any other social media except this one. Call me paranoid, but I certainly do not want to advertise & tell the world when I'm away traveling & my house is unoccupied. Not to mention all the hacks on Facebook data. Evil corporation, IMO. With all due respect, thanks but no thanks.
I agree 1000%! I despise Facebook and all it stands for. Your exactly right, it is evil.
That being said I have become aware of a Albin 25 for sale on marketplace in Connecticut for $3000
Not running, no trailer and is really a mess. Maybe someone will save it though...
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Post by sail149 »

Paul I suggest you cut a past a few face book posts here if you want to attract some group members. I am not . Show what it's like!
I,like quite a few, am wary of FB. But there are some FB groups I would like to be part of and I have done some research and the groups are different from the FB pages . You can be a member of a private FB group and the group moderator can define the level of privacy and make them invite only and other security measures.
One of these day I'll get a FB account but only to let me join private groups. ( a bit like the old Yahoo groups that is being destroyed by Verizon , what pay all that money just to ruin it?). The yahoo group did have one big advantage it has a place for files , photos , data etc FB as far as I know does not have anything like that so storing and retrieving information etc is not much good . I really prefer the forum format like this where you can follow threads and not get mixed up in general discussion. But I'm guessing a bit because I don't Have a FB group presence. Cheers Warren Ps sorry I've been off this forum for a while.,it's all too much sometimes.
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”