• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Searching

Albin's "power cruisers"
Anonymoustoo
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Campbell river

Searching

Post by Anonymoustoo »

I was wondering if anyone on vancouver island would be willing to show off their 25. We are very interested in getting an albin as our next boat. Have only seen them in passing and would love to see one up close
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Searching

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

You can hardly throw a stick in BC without hitting an an Albin 25. Check with the Albineers of BC. They sponsor monthly rendezvous in various locations through the summer.

Here's their upcoming "Social Calendar" for 2019 season.

http://www.albinbc.com/2018-social-calendar

The May gathering is in Port Browning on N. Pender; June is Telegraph Harbour on Thetis; July is in Ladysmith, the first chance of getting to one by car. We might make that one too. We were there last year & plan on cruising the Gulf Islands again this year, but can't promise where we'll be on that date. There are none scheduled for August, and September is in Genoa Bay, near Cowichan further down island from Ladysmith. Those are your best chances.

This boat, "Alanje" was for sale in Ladysmith last year, but I don't know the current status or whereabouts of it now.
20180721_102423.jpg
I believe the boat "Breakaway" pictured below is home ported in Ladysmith, but we didn't meet the owner. Ladysmith is a 2 hour, 178 klicks drive down from Campbell River. That might be your best best. Call the Ladysmith Maritime Society Marina & ask if this boat is still there or will be for the summer. Maybe they can help you get in touch with the owner.
20180721_102413.jpg
20180721_102358.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Anonymoustoo
Mate
Mate

Post by Anonymoustoo »

I can not find this listing anywhere on c/l. I will try phoning. Thanks for the info
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Just saw Alanje listed on Nanaimo CL page (located in Ladysmith), also another 25 listing in Cowichan Bay. If there was a listing for Breakaway it's been taken down. I won't try posting a link, but just go on Nanaimo CL boats page & search "Albin". They're asking $12K (CAD $ I assume) for Alanje, which is a 1974 but apparently not the semi displacement DeLuxe version. It has Volvo MD3B engine & no trailer. The other boat is a 1973 Deluxe with a BC hard top & MD17C engine, asking $18K. No mention of trailer with that one either. It had a name stenciled on the side but is pretty much obliterated & not readable. But it's definitely not Breakaway. Both seem decent as far as one can tell from photos, but the hardtop on Alanje is a bit funkier than the one in Cow Bay. Guess you could jump in your car & go for a Sunday drive down island and check them out. We'll be knocking around the Gulf Islands again in July but not likely farther north than Nanaimo. We have some friends we'd like to look up in Qualicum Beach. Make a note, the BC Albineers are doing a rendezvous in Ladysmith on July 11-12. We may end up at that one, but no promises. We were at the one last year, & Ladysmith is one of our favourite stops & wouldn't mind going again.
20180719_154447.jpg
PS, we're wrapping up a major deck & pilot house repainting project this week. It's been a grueling task working outside in the heat. We're looking forward to getting back up there by July 1. It's running around 17* C for a high in Campbell River. Down here in the AZ desert it was up to 36* C today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Anonymoustoo,

Stick with it. Be patient. There are good ones and not so good ones out there. You are in the best location to find one. Do check in with BC Albineers website, if you haven't already. Nanaimo C/L shows Alanje at 12 and the other one for 18.5. It would be very nice to find one repowered, or one with the AD21 and have Mr. Kirsop rebuild it for you. Now that is retro, but very solid.

Do mosey down to the Ladysmith gathering. They are very nice folks and you will get to see a number of A25s. Maybe we'll make it up there again. Hard to say right now with the engine still in pieces. That's the WillieC right behind La Dolce Vita in DA's pic.
Anonymoustoo
Mate
Mate

Post by Anonymoustoo »

Thanks very much. Will try to get to lady smith for sure

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”